Out & About
There is no shortage of things to see and do in and around Fort William, and in the wider Lochaber area – after all, we are the Outdoor Capital of the UK!
- Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in the UK
- Glen Nevis has interesting walks and spectacular sights, such as Steall Falls.
- The Caledonian Canal is the first ship-canal in the UK – visit Neptune’s Staircase.
- The West Highland Museum houses Jacobite Memorabilia.
- Glencoe is the scene of the infamous massacre of clan MacDonald in 1692.
- Glenfinnan is famous for its Railway Viaduct, as seen in the Harry Potter films.
- Arisaig is a base for sea-kayaking, and visits to the Small Isles (Eigg, Rum, Canna and Muck)